Q: I’ve ordered my poster. When are the posters mailed out?
A: Since PFN is staffed by volunteers, all purchased posters are mailed out on Wednesdays.
Q: Who organized this cool project?
A: This project is a collaborative effort between a group of designers, dedicated to bringing aid relief to survivors of the Nepal Earthquake. Dermot Mac Cormack is an Associate Professor of Graphic & Interactive Design at Tyler School of Art. Along with his wife and partner Patricia McElroy, he is also a co-owner of the design studio 21xdesign that has created numerous posters over the years. Scott Laserow is also a Professor of Graphic & Interactive Design at Tyler School of Art, as well as being a social, political and environmental poster designer. Colleen DeMenna is a graphic designer who graduated from Tyler School of Art in May 2015.
Q: How can I submit a poster or get involved?
A: If you’d like to design and print a poster, you can email your poster design to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the poster specifications:
- The physical poster must be at least 11 x 17 inches.
- Posters may be digital prints, offset, silkscreen, or whatever process you prefer.
- At least 10 copies, all signed & numbered by you.
- Please send your physical posters with the following information: name, your studio name (if different), your social media/websites, explanation of poster design/ideas, preferred cost, and number printed.
- Please send your posters to Tyler School of Art, 2001 North 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, Attn: Dermot Mac Cormack & Scott Laserow, Graphic & Interactive Design.
- Please also email us a JPG RGB file of your poster that we can use to upload to the gallery. Please make your poster no taller than 1200 pixels.
If you’re not artistically inclined, but would still love to help out, check out our About page to read about Nepal and the different ways that you can still donate and support the cause.
Q: What percentage of the funds go to Nepal relief?
A: 100%! All of the work was kindly donated by the artists (they also covered the printing costs) and all of the proceeds will go directly to the American Red Cross and Doctors without Borders. To read more about them, check out the About section.
Q: I have a question that wasn't answered here, who can I speak to?
A: If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com & we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as we can.